Welcome to CHEMDREX CHEMICALS
quality solutions to solve the myriad and complicated problems faced by groundwater users
ALBA PLUS (+)
ALBA PLUS - Bore Water Treatment Chemical
ALBA PLUS is a new concept in water bore clean-out and maintenance. It corrects problems in water bores which have never been accomplished in the past with muriatic acid, chlorine or sequestering agents combined or in series.
ALBA PLUS controls iron bacteria after each treatment. Chlorine gives only surface sterilisation on iron bacteria but is unable to dissolve iron bacteria encrustations.
ALBA PLUS dissolves slime and organic deposits of iron bacteria and holds them in solution until they are pumped out.
ALBA PLUS is recommended for complete bore clean-out of iron bacteria.
ALBA PLUS unites with the oxide forms of iron and manganese to form soluble salts which are held in solution until pumped out to waste. Chlorine does not have the ability to perform this function, which is referred to as chelating.
ADVANTAGES OF ALBA PLUS
• Kills iron bacteria.
• Dissolves iron bacteria encrustations, organic deposits of iron bacteria, slime and hard water scale formed on the screens. Sulphides and metallic oxides are held in suspension until pumped out.
• Eliminates water stains caused by iron manganese oxides.
• Generally increases water bore production.
• Improves taste of water when made disagreeable by bacteria.
SAFETY OF ALBA PLUS:
• ALBA Plus is a liquid, non-volatile, organic acid used much in the same way as mineral acids for water bore clean-out. Since there are minimal toxic fumes, the product should be used in a well ventilated area.
• ALBA PLUS is inhibited and when diluted per our dosage table there is a minimal corrosive problem.
• ALBA PLUS presents no fire or explosive hazard.
• Adequate flushing of the treated bore will ensure that the residual acids or its salts will be reduced to a safe level.
• Bores cleaned with ALBA Plus show that the rate of production fall-offs is decreased, thus requiring less frequent cleaning.
• ALBA Plus reduces the distribution system clean-out cost when iron bacteria encrustation or slime has been a problem.
• ALBA Plus can be added directly to the bore.
• ALBA Plus can be used in areas which are predominantly limestone.
• ALBA Plus has excellent mud dispersing qualities.
• ALBA Plus reduces Operator hazard.
USAGE PROCEDURE :
First, the bore must be disconnected from the distribution system. ALBA Plus can be pumped or poured directly into the bore. The pump and piping may be left in place. Periodic surging with the pump during the treatment period of 12-24 hours is desirable. If the pump and piping have been removed, bailing or swabbing intermittently during the treatment period would be necessary.
After the treatment period the ALBA Plus can be pumped out to waste. It is of greatest importance to pump and surge alternatively until the water is clean. This intermittent surging and pumping aids in the removal of undissolved scale. Pumping to waste should be continued until the maximum difference in pH of the water before and after treatment is .5pH units, and the hardness has returned to its original condition, prior to treatment. This assures complete removal of the residual acids and the dissolved products.
For regular maintainence, please use 1% solution of ALBA Liquid.
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE :
The quantity of ALBA Plus to be used can be determined from the dosage table. These amounts give a 5% or 10% solution when mixed with the static water in the bore, depending on the severity of the problem. Where iron bacteria reappears and complete suppression is mandatory, subsequent 1% treatments two or three times a year will do the job. The dosage for the 1% treatments would be one-fifth or one-tenth of the original treatment.
Litres of water
per Metre in Bore
ALBA Plus per Metre
of Water in Bore
|2” 50.8 mm||2.0||.11 lt||.22 lt|
|4” 101.6 mm||8.1||.43 lt||.90 lt|
|6” 152.4 mm||18.3||.96 lt||2.03 lt|
|8” 203.2 mm||32.5||1.71 lt||3.61 lt|
|10” 254.0 mm||50.7||2.67 lt||5.63 lt|
|12” 304.8 mm||73.0||3.84 lt||8.11 lt|
|14” 355.6 mm||99.4||5.23 lt||11.04 lt|
|16” 406.4 mm||129.8||6.83 lt||14.42 lt|
|18” 457.2 mm||164.3||8.65 lt||18.28 lt|
|20” 508.0 mm||202.8||10.67 lt||22.53 lt|
ALBA Plus is available in 20 litre or 200 litre drums.